Sinking sun and the rising soul

Googling 'The sinking sun' fetched with the result, 'Essay: The Sinking Sun' published in The New York Times in 2001 which spoke about the slumping stock markets..

I am a marketeer by profession and I hardly take a bite of my daily routine to focus on not-so-important areas thereby only dealing with and solving issues which may affect my regular concerns.

In due course of the journey, it was high time that I realised Life to be a jigsaw and amidst sorting out our knotty affairs, we forget to turn our heads towards the beauty and serenity of our surroundings.

‘What next?’ I asked myself, trying to give it a thought.
Bingo! A whisper within gave me a priceless proposition,

“Fix a date with the Sinking Sun?”

Perturbed by the noises of my daily routine, my heart wanted me to experience something vibrant and energetic on one hand, while on the other, my cerebrum went on pushing me to stick to my normal monotonous schedule.

What a horrible dilemma!

Overcoming the above seesaw state, I decided to listen to my heart, the organ of fire- 

GODDAM! The view of the masculine Sun sinking majestically is something I have been cherishing for.

A date was fixed with no prior notice to the Sun so that it sinks in his own natural pace without waiting for my arrival. The moment arrived and I placed myself at 45 degrees to that of the Royal Power to get the best view.

What got captured through my natural lenses is the transformation from the yellowish tinge to a fiery orange hue. Vibrant shades of reds, oranges and yellows came to life and as the sun made its slow descent, no two moments were the same.

Over time, and perhaps after many trials and errors in the faith department, I've come to realize that spending time with God is a lot like watching the sinking sun with a rising soul.


Although it requires some discipline and patience to travel 48-50 km to reach for a better vantage point, but it never disappoints. It's a chance to get out of the daily norm and go experience something outside yourself, bigger than yourself, and breathtaking.

And you run and run to catch up with the sun but its sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way but you are older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter; never seem to find the time’


                                                                                                - Pink Floyd – Time 

Mark the above lines, my friends...Feed yourself with the same.


We tend to be lost in the race called Jeevan and the thought of moving a day closer to death evaporates. Once you realise you have wasted all this time, you anxiously try to catch up to the time lost and do something with your life.

Celebrate each moment as if it's a festival; 
Celebrate each day as if you are going to die tomorrow.
Move out of your homes and experience something new



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puerto Galera- A tropical beach destination for scuba diving and snorkeling in The Philippine island of Mindoro

Mumbai in the eyes of a newcomer- A metamorphosis from fear to love

Traveling from Manila to India via Emirates? Travel guidelines- January 2021